- Portrait-length prime is designed for full-frame Canon RF-mount mirrorless digital cameras.
- Exceptionally bright f/1.2 maximum aperture affords extensive control over depth of field for selective focus applications and also benefits working in low-light situations.
- Blue Spectrum Refractive Optics element virtually eliminates color fringing and chromatic aberrations by refracting shorter wavelengths of the visible spectrum (blue light).
- One aspherical element and one UD element also help to control aberrations and distortions for sharper, clearer image quality.
- An Air Sphere Coating (ASC) has been applied to lens elements to reduce backlit flaring and ghosting for maintained light transmission and high contrast in strong lighting conditions.
- Ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with optimized focusing algorithms, a high-speed CPU, and an internal focusing design, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Configurable Control Ring can be used to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens has a weather-resistant design that protects against dust and moisture to enable its use in inclement conditions.
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
|Lens Mount||Canon RF|
|Angle of View||28° 30′|
|Minimum Focus Distance||2.79′ / 85 cm|
|Optical Design||13 Elements in 9 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Size||82 mm (Front)|
From The Manufacturer
RF 85mm F1.2 L USM
The RF 85mm F1.2 L USM lens has a fixed 85mm focal length and wide f/1.2 maximum aperture, ideal for portraits, weddings and more. Quality in low-light situations, beautiful and soft backgrounds, fast autofocus and other amazing capabilities combine in a lens you’ll want among your favorites.
Learn all about the incredible design, performance and optics that make the RF 85mm F1.2 L USM lens a must-have on your lens list.
Minimum Focusing Distance of 2.79 ft./0.85m
The minimum focusing distance of 2.79 ft./0.85m and maximum magnification of approx. 0.12x helps deliver sharp, detailed images from various distances with minimal distortion, great for portraits, still life or close ups.