- Prime short telephoto lens is designed for APS-C-format FUJIFILM X-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 76mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers greater control over depth of field.
- One aspherical extra-low dispersion element limits both spherical and chromatic aberrations in order to realize greater sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy.
- Super EBC coating has been applied to individual elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Stepping motor, along with an internal focusing design, affords fast and quiet autofocus performance that benefits both stills and video applications.
- The lens body incorporates weather sealing to protect against dust and moisture, and to enable worry-free use in inclement conditions and freezing temperatures as low as 14°F.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
|Focal Length||50mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 76mm)|
|Lens Mount||FUJIFILM X|
|Angle of View||31.7°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.28′ / 39 cm|
|Optical Design||9 Elements in 7 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Size||46 mm (Front)|
From The Manufacturer
A mid-telephoto lens with high-speed Autofocus (AF)
The XF50mmF2 R WR is a mid-telephoto lens with a focal length equivalent to 76mm*1 that delivers the very best results from Fujifilm’s unique X-Trans CMOS sensor. Its compact and lightweight design features 9 elements in 7 groups, including one aspherical ED lens, and has an inner focusing system*2, driven by a stepping motor*3 for fast and silent autofocusing. Metal parts are used extensively on the exterior for a stylish, robust design with a premium feel, while the aperture and focusing rings have been designed to be comfortable and easy to use. The lens is also weather and dust resistant, and operates in temperatures as low as -10°C, making it ideal for shooting in a variety of conditions.
*1 35mm format equivalent
*2 An AF system that moves smaller lens elements in the middle or at the back of the lens to focus.
*3 A fast, precise motor that uses electrical pulses to focus in a sequence of steps.
An AF system that moves smaller lens elements in the middle or at the back of the lens to focus.
The lens features 9 lens elements in 7 groups including one aspherical ED lens, which prevents spherical and chromatic aberrations. This ensures the lens delivers outstanding results and minimises variances in image quality at different shooting distances.
Weather and dust resistant, capable of operating in temperatures as low as -10°C
The lens is weather-sealed at ten points around the barrel making it weather and dust resistant. It will also continue to operate in temperatures as low as -10°C. Used with the weather and dust-resistant FUJIFILM X-Pro2 or X-T2 bodies means users can shoot confidently in light rain or dusty environments.
Compact, lightweight and stylish design:
The lens weighs just 200g.
The metal exterior uses the same design style as XF35mmF2 R WR and XF23mmF2 R WR for a robust, premium feel.
The compact and stylish design almost completely eliminates mechanical vignetting*4 when using the optical viewfinder on the FUJIFILM X-Pro2 camera.
The aperture and focusing rings feature precise click stops and smooth damping for easy operation.
*4 Where part of the lens hood or lens barrel obscures the view through an optical viewfinder
Fast and silent autofocus
The inner focusing AF system uses a stepping motor to drive lightweight focusing elements for a fast, silent autofocus performance.
Shooting Mode: Manual
Image Size: 3000 x 2000
Sensitivity: ISO 400
Dynamic Range: 100%
Shutter Speed: 1/125
Lens Focal Length: 50.0mm
White Balance: AUTO
Film simulation: PROVIA
Lens Modulation Optimizer: ON
Camera: FUJIFILM X-T20