The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera is a true hybrid camera designed for both professional photo and video use. It features a 16.05-megapixel Digital Live MOS sensor and a 4-CPU Venus Engine, capable of capturing high-resolution JPEG and RAW stills, as well as UHD 4K 3840×2160 30p/24p and cinematic DCI 4K 4096×2160 video at 24p. Like its predecessor, the GH4 features a weather-sealed magnesium alloy body, while offering increased resolution on both the OLED monitor and electronic viewfinder. It also features built-in Wi-Fi with NFC technology, in-camera creative controls, and a high-speed 49-point autofocus in both photo and video modeIncluded with the camera body is the Lumix G Vario 12-60mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. POWER O.I.S., which is a standard zoom lens that provides a 24-120mm equivalent focal length range. Its optical design incorporates three aspherical elements and one extra-low dispersion element to reduce both chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range. POWER O.I.S. is also featured to minimize the appearance of camera shake, and works in conjunction with the camera’s sensor-shift IS for more effective shake correction.The GH4 delivers video quality surpassing many professional video cameras. Video can be recorded in a variety of formats, from efficient AVCHD and AVCHD Progressive, to 200 Mbps All-Intra and 100 Mbps IPB MOV and MP4 formats. And because the GH4 is a global camera, the system frequency can be switched between 59.94 Hz (23.98 Hz) and 50 Hz, yielding a variety of recording options including 23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, and 59.94p. The system can also be switched to 24 Hz to capture true 24p in HD and 4K resolutions.
Video and photos are recorded to SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards. For high bit-rate 100 Mbps and 200 Mbps formats, SDHC/SDXC UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3) cards are supported and recommended. Video recorded to SD cards is 4:2:0 8-bit. Real-time 4:2:2 8-bit and 4:2:2 10-bit video can also be sent to an external monitor or recorder with an optional micro HDMI cable. Additional video features include focus peaking, timecode support, and cine-like gamma options. For unique expressions, VBR (Variable Frame Rate), time-lapse, and stop motion animation videos can be recording internally without the need for additional post-production processing. The GH4 comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack, battery charger with AC cable, body cap, hot shoe cover, USB cable, shoulder strap, and DVD with supplied software.
16.05 Megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine
Micro Four Thirds System and Lens Mount
Dual OLED Displays – Monitor and Live View Finder
Magnesium Alloy, Weather Sealed Body
Wi-Fi with NFC Technology
49-Area AF / Custom Multi AF
In-Camera RAW Data Development
Professional 4K Video Recording
Please note: For better quality, 4K recording modes use a 1:1 pixel map of the sensor. This yields a slight crop of the sensor, resulting in approximately a full-frame crop factor of approximately 2.3x when shooting DCI 4K resolution.
Selectable System Frequency
Versatile Video Recording Formats
Real-Time 4:2:2 Output with HDMI
Luminance Level Adjustment
Additional Video Features
- Timecode – SMPTE-compliant timecode for synching multiple devices
- Color bars – benchmark for fixing color or brightness
- 1 kHz test tone – benchmark for fixing sound or volume
- Center marker – guide mark for video composition
- Synchro scan – suppress flicker on monitors or from fluorescent lights
- Cine-like gamma – “CINELIKE D” and “CINELIKE V” produce a cinema-like tones
- Master Pedestal – adjust brightness balance ±15 steps based on the color black
- Zebra Pattern – display lines on over-exposed areas
4K Photo Modes
- 4K Burst: Just as with video recording, this mode will allow you to continuously record 8MP images at 30 fps for up to 29 min. 59 sec., making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- 4K Pre-Burst: This mode is ideal for times when you’re unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record 8MP images at 30 fps one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- 4K Burst (S/S): This mode most closely follows the 4K video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8MP frame.
Supports UHS-I Class 3 Speed SD Cards
High-Speed Burst Shooting
Highlight / Shadow Control
- Post Focus settings allows photographers to pick the in-focus area after the image has been taken
- In-camera time-lapse and stop motion animation
- 1/8000 second maximum shutter speed
- 1/250 second shutter speed sync for built-in and external flash
- Face / Eye Detection AF
- External Flash Burst enables consecutive flash bursts with compatible on-camera units
- Magnification of 1-Area focus point
- Language support: English and Spanish.