tilizing a “normal” field of view and a fast f/1.4 maximum aperture, the 50mm f/1.4 AS UMC Lens for Nikon F from Samyang is optimized for effective low light shooting, fast shutter speed capture and shallow depth of field control. When used on cameras with a DX format sensor its 35mm focal length equivalence is 75mm.
The optical design of the lens consists of 9 elements in 6 groups including one hybrid aspherical element and one aspherical element to reduce chromatic aberrations. Also, lens elements are coated with an Ultra Multi-Coating to improve light transmission and minimize flare and ghosting. Eight diaphragm blades create a circular aperture for more attractive out-of-focus highlights.
As a manual focus and manual aperture lens, it provides a rubberized focus ring and clear aperture, distance and depth of field markings. Additionally, an included petal-shaped lens hood blocks unwanted light and protects the lens.
- Standard length prime lens for full frame cameras, also compatible with DX format cameras on which it has a 35mm focal length equivalence of 75mm
- Very fast maximum aperture of f/1.4 for effective low light capture and shallow depth of field focus control
- Hybrid aspherical and aspherical lens elements control chromatic aberrations for clear and color-accurate images
- Ultra Multi-Coating (UMC) improves light transmission and reduces ghosting and flare
- Manual focus lens
- Eight-blade diaphragm creates circular aperture
- Includes removable petal-shaped lens hood