- 17-35mm focal length is ideal for a variety of scenes.
- Bright maximum aperture of f/2.8 works well in low light.
- Optimized Silent Drive AF motor ensures quick, quiet, accurate autofocus.
- Coatings on lens elements help reduce ghosting, flare, and aberrations that are common in wide-angle lenses.
- Front lens element is resistant to water and oil and the entire lens is sealed for outdoor use.
- TAP-in Console compatibility lets you easily update firmware and perform other customizations.
|Focal Length||17 to 35mm|
|Maximum Aperture||f/2.8 to 4|
|Minimum Aperture||f/16 to 22|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Angle of View||103° 41′ to 63° 26′|
|Minimum Focus Distance||11″ / 27.94 cm|
|Optical Design||15 Elements in 10 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Size||77 mm (Front)|
From The Manufacturer
17-35 mm F/2.8-4 Di OSD
New anti-reflection coating: Perfect for backlit shots
A strong backlight often results in unwanted reflections in the lens. In developing the 17-35 mm f/2.8-4 Di OSD, Tamron has gone to great lengths to eliminate these aberrations using comprehensive, multi-stage simulation analysis. The optical construction has also been optimised and the overall imaging performance has been maximised. The BBAR coating (broad-band anti-reflection) results in high transmission and prevents ghost images and scattered light.
Extremely quiet autofocus
The autofocus motor has a newly developed OSD module (Optimised Silent Drive) that allows silent focusing. This makes the lens ideal for situations in which absolute silence is needed during photography. Because of the reaction speed of the AF, the high focusing precision and the outstanding performance when following a subject, you will never miss the perfect moment, even with moving subjects.
Perfect protection thanks to fluorine coating and weatherproof construction
The front lens has a water- and grease-repellent fluorine coating. This makes cleaning the lens surface easier and protects it from scratches and damage from dirt, dust, moisture and fingerprints. The seals in the lens provide additional protection from the weather when shooting outdoors.