Sleek and ultra-wide describe the 20mm f/2.8 Di III OSD M 1:2 Lens from Tamron; a flexible wide-angle prime designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. This lens uses a modestly bright maximum aperture to achieve a svelte and lightweight profile that is ideal for everyday, walkaround shooting. Also contributing to its versatility is a half life-size 1:2 maximum magnification ratio and 4.3″ minimum focusing distance for working with close-up subjects. An OSD stepping motor achieves fast and near-silent autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. Additionally, the lens sports a moisture-resistant physical design along with a fluorine coating to suit working in inclement conditions.
- Wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however is also suitable for use with APS-C models where it provides a 30mm equivalent focal length.
- Modestly bright f/2.8 maximum aperture strikes a balance between being suitable for working in available lighting conditions and realizing an impressively compact and lightweight profile.
- Three LD (Low Dispersion) elements reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing in order to produce increased clarity and color fidelity.
- One molded glass aspherical element suppresses distortion and spherical aberrations for greater sharpness and more accurate rendering.
- BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) coating has been applied to lens elements to reduce surface reflections and prevent lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color accuracy.
- Ideal for close-up shooting, this lens offers a half life-size 1:2 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 4.3″ to suit working at near distances.
- OSD stepping motor offers especially quiet, fast, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
- A moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens’ use in inclement conditions, and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Angle of View||94° 30′|
|Minimum Focus Distance||4.3″ / 10.92 cm|
|Macro Reproduction Ratio||1:2|
|Optical Design||10 Elements in 9 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Size||67 mm (Front)|
From The Manufacturer
Closer to the motif thanks to the much shorter focusing distance
The minimum focusing limits of the 20mm, 24mm and 35mm are 0.11m, 0.12m and 0.15m, respectively. For all three lenses, this results in the largest possible reproduction scale of 1:2, even small objects can be photographed in a picture-filling manner. The user will never be frustrated again because he could not get close enough to an object. Thanks to these characteristics, he can compose images with an extremely dramatic perspective (close objects appear larger, but distant ones appear smaller). The large aperture of F/2.8 also allows unique shots with attractive background blur.
Light and compact lens housing
The lenses were developed especially for compact mirrorless system cameras. With a length of only 64 mm, they are particularly handy and easy to operate. When focusing, the overall length does not change, allowing users to take pictures at close range without accidentally touching with the front lens.
Tamron lenses for Sony E-Mount are very versatile and fun!
In addition to the three new fixed focal lengths, there are further Tamron lenses for Sony E-mount cameras. A variety of zoom lenses* are on offer, which increase the creative scope by virtually endless possibilities. What unites all lenses for mirrorless system cameras is their compact and light design. Even as a complete set, they can be easily transported together. Conveniently, all lenses of the series have the same filter diameter (67 mm), so that a single UV and polarising filter set is sufficient.
* Tamron lenses with filter size ø 67 mm for Sony E-Mount cameras:
– Fast standard zoom lens 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD (model A036)
– Fast wide-angle zoom lens 17-28mm F/2.8 Di III RXD (model A046)