An update to a prized zoom, the Nikon F-mount atx-i 11-16mm f/2.8 CF from Tokina is a versatile ultra-wide zoom well-suited for landscape, architecture, and interior shooting. Characterized by its bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture, consistent brightness is afforded throughout the zoom range and benefits working in available lighting conditions. The optical design incorporates a series of aspherical and low dispersion elements, which suppress a variety of aberrations for improved sharpness and clarity. Individual elements are also multi-coated to resist flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color accuracy when working in bright or backlit conditions. Complementing the optics, this lens features a One-Touch Focus Clutch Mechanism for fast changing between AF and MF settings, and an internal focusing design is used for responsive focusing performance.
- Ultra-wide prime designed for DX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, this lens provides a 16.5-24mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent brightness throughout the zoom range and offers improved control over depth of field.
- Two aspherical elements, including one large-diameter molded element, help control spherical aberrations and distortions for sharper, more accurate rendering.
- Two SD low dispersion elements control color fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range for greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Multi-coated elements suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Autofocus system uses an internal focusing design for quick and responsive performance.
- One-Touch Focus Clutch Mechanism avails quick switching between autofocus and manual focus settings by either pushing or pulling the focus ring. When set to manual, focus response is especially smooth and benefitted by hard stops at the ends of the focusing range.
|Focal Length||11 to 16mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 16.5 to 24mm)|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F|
|Angle of View||104° to 82°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||11.81″ / 30 cm|
|Optical Design||13 Elements in 11 Groups|
|Filter Size||77 mm (Front)|