Batis-series lenses are distinguished by their innovative use of an OLED display on the lens barrel, which highlights the focus distance and depth of field range for quickly recognizing your focusing parameters. As an autofocus lens, linear motors are used to deliver quick, quiet, and smooth focusing performance to suit both stills and video applications. Additionally, this lens incorporates optical image stabilization to minimize the appearance of camera shake when working with slower shutter speeds and a dust- and weather-sealed construction lends itself to shooting in trying environments.
- Short-telephoto prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 127.5mm equivalent focal length
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture suits working in low-light conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- Sonnar optical concept suits the combination of a large maximum aperture and long focal length, and also contributes to notable sharpness, well-controlled flare, and high contrast.
- Three anomalous partial dispersion elements are used to significantly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater contrast and color fidelity.
- Optical image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.
- Floating elements system helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the entire focusing range, from 2.6′ to infinity.
- Integrated OLED display on the top of the lens shows the working focus distance as well as the depth of field range for quickly recognizing the parameters of focus in use, even when working in low-light conditions.
- Linear motors benefit the autofocus performance of the lens and provide smooth, fast, and quiet operation. For manual focusing, a rubberized ring offers greater tactile control for precise placement of focus.
- Dust and weather-sealed construction benefits using the lens in inclement shooting conditions.
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Angle of View||29°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||2.62′ / 80 cm|
|Optical Design||11 Elements in 8 Groups|
|Filter Size||67 mm (Front)|
From The Manufacturer
High speed, fast autofocus, and optical image stabilizer – in an easy telephoto range for the full frame: the perfect companion for portrait, event, and wedding photography.
Thanks to a speed of 1:1.8, very low depths of field can be used creatively. The optical image stabilization allows for successful hand-held shooting even in poor light conditions. With a focal length of 85 mm, the lens is the perfect companion for portrait, event, and wedding photography.
The ZEISS Batis autofocus lenses were specially developed for mirrorless, full-frame sensor cameras from Sony. They have been adapted to work with the camera to form a compact, lightweight system that doesn’t compromise on performance. The lenses are fully compatible with all E-mount cameras and offer not only fast, quiet autofocus, but also protection against dust and weather. For creative photography, the innovative OLED display shows the distance and depth of field to ensure the focusing range can always be perfectly set. The high-speed fixed focal lengths of the ZEISS Batis family offer flawless imaging thanks to their completely revamped optical design. The legendary ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating, combined with more than 125 years of experience in lens development and the latest technologies, ensure that every moment captured with a ZEISS Batis lens provides that exceptional ZEISS look.